Power line

lamb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Bari, Torino, Uppsala, Hamburg, London, and then T
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I guess my English is failing here... My original title in Italian would be something I am not sure of, perhaps Pylon is the right word...
This photo was taken at sunset in the Sardinian hills of Gallura and is the joint of 3 shots...
panotrim.jpg

Your English is not failing you here, says another non-native speaker ;) ... pylon is the word, indeed, and so is power line (I learned the latter only here on TPF, since they are usually considered a nuisance in photos, often unavoidable, and big candidates for the cloning tool ;)).
I like how you deliberately INCLUDED this one into your frame , made it an element of your panorama, for the light you had on those hills just COULD NOT BE missed! Now could it? No. Hm? ;) And on top of the hills, there it is. The pylon. Majestic. POWER-ful.

(Maybe I like it so since only yesterday afternoon did I include a pylon and powerline in one of my newest photos - that, or bringing the saw to chop it down, and I did not dare to do THAT...!)

Gorgeous lighting. Nice stitching too. I should learn that sometime. Another word for pylon would be tower.

Thank you very much.
Stitching is quite easy (and totally automatic) with a program like autostitch (http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html). Even the demo version makes a good job, In my case I had 3 shots taken hand-held and I decided only to change the resolution of the output image in order to preserve details. Afterwards trimming and anything you would apply to a single image.

Most reactions

Back