Power of Red

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by sayambhu, Jul 21, 2007.

1. sayambhu

sayambhu TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

(Pilgrims at a temple : North-east India)

2. jeroen

jeroen No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    OMG this is awfull. Why did you do this to this shot?
    It has nice depth and I like the portraits in the foreground. I am sorry but I believe you ruined a very nice shot here. Your signature all over the thing is not helping very much either...

3. sayambhu

sayambhu TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

thanks for the feedback.

firstly, I did not shoot any "portraits", if you know and understand the definition of the term. its not a downright "photograph", its more of a distinctive image that I wanted to share. you wont notice "made-up" pictures like this in pages of Nat Geo. the red has a significance which you come to know of only when you visit the destination - its symbolic of holiness & divine entity - something that plays a huge part on the lives of people living in or visiting the place.

and its not my "signature" all over the picture :)D) - its a watermark of my website. its not there to "help" you or the picture - the magazine I'm working for has a copyright compulsion to prevent unauthorized printings. I have them on all my photographs I post on the forum.

4. lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like the foreground, but the background with the red is a little too much. I probably would have kept the background just B&W and colored the three people in the foreground. Just my opinion! :mrgreen: