Power Plant on the coast

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Almost impossible to hit the exposure right, I almost gave up.Since the plant is on the right side of the HOT line of light under the clouds I couldnt even use a Grad ND... Just trying to balance it . Im not really happy with the in the middle look, and I dont usually do multiple exposures for sky and foreground, but in retrospect this is one shot that would of benefitted from it...
Next time.........

IMG_6285.jpg

cool shot. i'm wondering if it wouldn't look better if you had gotten a bit closer? so the plant would become bigger and with less grass in the front. there are always so much cool details on plants and silos and stuff it's mostly worth checking them out more closely. just an idea ...

i really wanted to get a little closer, but alas even where I was I saw a black helicopter circling just as I was putting the legs up on the tripod.
californian police are just nuts near the OC coast...

I would of shot this with the 300 but the quality on that lens is crap in dusk and also it was realllly windy....

One thing I notice is that when I wear my hat from work and my name badge clipped on my waist or around my neck. ,people seem to bother me less.. I should start doing this everywhere....

Just bring up the shadows and you're done.

well, i really like that shot, and I do not think the foreground is too dark. looks very natural!

But it would be a classic for a 2x1 crop! That way you get rid of some of the grass

Actually, I quite LIKE all that foreground and the fact that the power plant is only PART of the photo, with all those "puddle lines" (?) leading towards it, itself just about silhouetted against that yellow sky ... I would not want to say anything different from what I see here. I think this is very, very well done!!!

maybe a HDR would help too?

Nice job. I like this photo. I think you did a good job with the lighting.

I have an edit. I boosted the saturation a bit and also the contrast and a sharpening. It looks better I think, if you want to see it?
Cosmo

sure if you want to .... Ive done all the edits though..

its either gonna look burned out, fake, or grainy... lol

its a tricky shot to edit without it losing its subtltey...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back