PP IN PHOTOSHOP HELP!!!

prodigy2k7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So ya, I took a sunset picture with no flash with my 50mm F/1.4

The background/sky was blew out so I brought the exposure down hoping to fix it in photoshop later. Well everything looks fine except for when there is a white line between the people and the background because its not precise.

Actually two images. Can anyone help me please?
Keep the background the same or make it look better, and bump the exposure/brighten the people.

Two pictures located in folder at this location:
http://luckyshotphotos.com/photoforum/

I didn't notice any white line on the images you linked to...

But if you're doing what I think you're doing don't feather it. And maybe contract the selection one to three pixels so that it's inside the people's outline shape before you cut the old BG.

Yes thats what I need to do, sorry I just linked the before pictures, not the after ones, how do i make the selection smaller by a few pixels?

Selection --> Modify --> Contract

And a requester will pop up and ask you how many pixels to contract by.

Thanks!

Whats the best way to select just the people? I tried selecting the sky but its kinda hard cuz some girls hair is fuzzy and not everything getting selected,

Do a Select->Color Range (I think thats the option), then shift-click to add more of the color and adjust the "fuzziness" or whatever the option is until you get the selection you want.

BTW, a very rough way to complete this entire process is as folows:

- Put the two exposures on top of each other as layers.
- Do the select thing I mentioned.
- Do a feather of the selection.
- Change the top layer to a reveal-all or hide-all mask (as appropriate, given what you have selected... the idea is to have the end result show the elements from each exposure that you want as part of the image.
- Change the Blending options on the layer and adjust the transparency until you get the effect that you want without it looking weird.

As I say, this is super-rough, but it is the general correct approach, and is a great way to create a composite without getting weird effects and notable lines of demarc between the two exposures and whatnot.

No it's not the best way. If you have your feathered selection I suggest using the "Refine Edge" tool. Consider it contract + feather + layer mask + illegal performance enhancing steroids.

You young whipper-snappers and your newfangled tools. :D

No it's not the best way. If you have your feathered selection I suggest using the "Refine Edge" tool. Consider it contract + feather + layer mask + illegal performance enhancing steroids.

hahah.... hm, I'll have to try that one.

You young whipper-snappers and your newfangled tools. :D

LAWLS

:)

Most reactions

Back