PPA Insurance Vs. Others

lennon33x

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm needing to find a policy (already have a general liability through a close friend who is a broker, and no one can come close to the rate I have for general liability) that offers E&O and equipment coverage. I was wondering if PPAs insurance/trust was worth it. My biggest issue is that if I have equipment damage, they say depreciated value (which doesn't really help me since much of my gear is used).

Has anyone had experience with this?

My liability insurance ($2,000,000.00) is bundled with my equipment insurance ($25,000.00). Is there a reason not to do that?

Also, my policy's written for replacement value. If my 6D falls and breaks, they'll either pay for a new 6D or, if that's no longer available at retail, whatever most closely replaces it.

My broker also happens to be an old high school girlfriend.

I figure she's either giving me a great rate, or she's finally decided to screw me.

:)

I have a Photographer's Package Choice policy with Hill & Usher. However, I've not yet had to file a claim, so I can't really speak to anything other than the fact that I thought the price was pretty fair and they were very responsive and helpful through the process of starting the policy. It is supposedly replacement cost, not depreciated value, but again, I've not had to actually test that.

Most reactions

Back