KalitheArtist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm fairly new to the game, only been a few months, but I shoot with a Nikon D3300. These particular pictures were taken with my 800mm infinity telephoto lens. I'm still getting used to the camera shake, but I would like some comments on what I could do to take better pictures.
I tried my best to get the clearest eye.

Robin-in-tree-2_zpsqfechmlf.jpg

Robin-in-tree_zpsnxvtstml.jpg

looking-robin_zpsx5dw7qpx.jpg

Are the vignettes intentional? Nice pics so far, keep clicking.

Are the vignettes intentional? Nice pics so far, keep clicking.
Yes, lol. I just started shooting in raw and after going through the interwebs I found out how to use that tool, so I may be over doing it, but I think they look good that way. haha. and Thank you!

It looks fine, I just don't often see it of every photo in a set. :)
Keep playing with the camera, read the manual a hundred times, and spend hours playing with editing in a lot of different software to see what you like best and what works for your style. Grab the NIK collection if you haven't yet, and try all the free and GNU license software you can find.
I like Gimp with a photoshop user interface.

It looks fine, I just don't often see it of every photo in a set. :)
Keep playing with the camera, read the manual a hundred times, and spend hours playing with editing in a lot of different software to see what you like best and what works for your style. Grab the NIK collection if you haven't yet, and try all the free and GNU license software you can find.
I like Gimp with a photoshop user interface.

I do, I've spent more hours than I'm willing to admit photo editing. I really REALLY appreciate the Nik collection. I had no idea! Thank you sooo much for that!

Great start. Have fun.

Thank you! I'll definitely keep trying!

Is that one of those "mirror" lenses? Good start! It can only get better from here.

Oh, gotcha. Next time you are in Lightroom editing one of your shots you may want to try removing some of the Chromatic Aberration/color fringing. It is particularly nasty in the first image you posted. The good news is, it is usually easily removed in Lightroom.

Oh, gotcha. Next time you are in Lightroom editing one of your shots you may want to try removing some of the Chromatic Aberration/color fringing. It is particularly nasty in the first image you posted. The good news is, it is usually easily removed in Lightroom.
Woah!! Thank you so much for letting me know about this! I went on a google adventure after reading this. Much appreciated!

Pretty good start.
#3 is my favourite.

There's two of you! Sorta! Haha. That's awesome. And thank you! I'm not gonna quit! =]

If you feel you need to vignette, that might tell you to think about how you're using space in your photos. If you're darkening an area, does it need to be in the photo at all? You might need to shoot tighter.

I wondered at first glance if the exposures were a little off; that might be why you had to do so much editing. That might be telling you to keep working on using the camera better, learning how to adjust settings, etc., so you can learn to get proper exposures.

You seem to be seeing something interesting that can make for a nice picture so might need to learn more about the technical aspects. It takes a lot of practice, I would expect in a few months at anything to need to keep learning and practicing.

If you feel you need to vignette, that might tell you to think about how you're using space in your photos. If you're darkening an area, does it need to be in the photo at all? You might need to shoot tighter.

I wondered at first glance if the exposures were a little off; that might be why you had to do so much editing. That might be telling you to keep working on using the camera better, learning how to adjust settings, etc., so you can learn to get proper exposures.

You seem to be seeing something interesting that can make for a nice picture so might need to learn more about the technical aspects. It takes a lot of practice, I would expect in a few months at anything to need to keep learning and practicing.

That makes a lot of sense. If it helps at all, I re-edited the second photo in the set, based on the suggestions of spiralout462. I'm also going to provide the original photo. No vignette.
Robin-in-tree_zpsbdvzfea2.jpg

Robin-in-tree-3_zpslamsmjg1.jpg

Most reactions

Back