Practicing my post-processing - did I get it right? C & C please.

Jon_Are

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm starting to gain a bit of confidence - let me know if I'm deluding myself. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jon

Its really all about what you want to achieve with the processing so no one can really tell you. But That doesn't look too bad, the colours on the trees have been brought out nicely.

The levels look fine to me. The colours are also great. It would be lovely if the tree were completely covered in leaves but as you say, practice, and we all need to do plenty of that!!

The most intersting thing about this very tree is that it is "dressed like a poodle" and does NOT have leaves all over. You can have those in autumn everywhere, but this one here is special! :D Nice find (again!).
And the pp is good.
Nothing to complain about.
What did you do??? What did you work on specifically?

Just saying it would look lovely covered in leaves. We don't all shave our poodles:D or live around deciduous trees.

I think it looks good...

I have one nit, and I may be seeing this wrong, but it looks like you worked on the sky to bring it out more, but you left a rim of the sky around the trees rather untouched. It may be natural, and I'm just seeing things, but if I'm not you might consider working on bringing the colors closer to the tree base.

This was, really, just practice. I thought it was a semi-interesting tree so I shot it with the intent of working on it in PP. I paid little attention to composition, although looking at it now, I kind of like it smack dab in the middle.

What did you do??? What did you work on specifically?

My goal was to bring some color forth to the point of being vivid but short of cartoonish. I'm learning to use Vibrance (in RAW) rather than Saturation to accomplish this. I also sharpened it just a bit. Also fiddled with white balance and exposure to get thing just so.

I have one nit, and I may be seeing this wrong, but it looks like you worked on the sky to bring it out more, but you left a rim of the sky around the trees rather untouched.

I see what you mean, Nate, but nope; that's just a cloud behind the tree. I didn't do any sort of cloning or anything like that.

Thanks, everyone.

Jon

I am sorry I mentioned the tree leaves Jon. You did mention you were practicing editing. I should have thought of that before cc the composition.

I guess you get to a point when you want to photograph the best example you can. A specimen, as it were.

Regards to you all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back