Prague in the winter

andycarnall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
prague.jpg

first post...red pens at the ready!

[EDITED - 2/12/04] tried getting rid of the noise with neat image and reposted it

A bit to dark to me. I can't make out at all what's on the right hand side of the pic. Also looks really grainy or something as well.

Too much foreground and there isn't enough in it to make it interesting.
Try cropping off the bottom quarter. It drops the horizon to the bottom third and puts more emphasis on the sky.
Then lose a strip down the right side to remove the bush.
Makes for a tighter, more interesting pic.
Try it and see what you think.

wonder how that neat image software would look on this one

I think it's definitely too dark and too grainy.

Neat image is the best program for removing noise/grain FYI if you don't know, and the pic could probably be improved with that. I'm not sure if that's just JPEG compression and scanner distortion, though.

If you let me, I'll see if Neat Image will work.

I like the overall idea of this composition but have to agree that the dark frame is too heavy for the picture. Other than that, the dramatic light and sky and silhouetted buildings of Charles' Bridge and The Small Side (don't really know the English terms for these two...) are an interesting realisation of what you saw.

Thanks for all the tips - neat image is certainly a good tool. I think something happened when I uploaded it (the original is 2Mb)

Just thought that I'd explain my reasoning with the framing - I liked the central image of the buildings because of the reflections (got a thing about symmetry), but then thought the whole lot was too central if I cropped the right off.

Guess I'll just have to call Easyjet and go, try again :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back