prague steps....

mfacer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mattfacer.com
hey all,

took this pic when I visited Prague in march... I really like it, as the eye has something to follow... I think that's good?! I dont know! Although the colour is dull (stupid rainy weather!) - how could it be made better?
Maybe using photoshop to enhance it or something??

Anyway - have a good weekend everyone! :)

Dscn1212.jpg

I really like it.

The dull color, combined with the empty path really creates a mood for me. Also like the composition, which draws my eyes down the steps and leads me to looking over the rooftops of the city.

Well done! As far as improvements go, I really can't think of anything I would change.

At first I was going to point out the crooked horizon as a flaw...but the more I look at it. It seem to fit. The stairs are not uniform, some of the buildings seem to be leaning. It all fits together nicely.

Big Mike said:
At first I was going to point out the crooked horizon as a flaw...

Did'nt you know that planet earth is round? :)

Good pic though mfacer!

danalec99 said:
Big Mike said:

Good pic though mfacer!

Round, yes. Tilted to one side? Sometimes I guess :green to:

Big Mike said:
danalec99 said:
Big Mike said:

Good pic though mfacer!

Round, yes. Tilted to one side? Sometimes I guess :green to:

Our friend mfacer was standing at a point where the earth curves. Dont you know that our earth is soo big :). So the 'tilt' that you see is just a part of the curve :)

And as a matter of fact, the tilt/curve looks really beautiful in this picture.

I like the color changes drdan.

But I would prefer the same color changes with the 'tilted' horizon. The tilt has the top-of-the-world feel to it.

Just my opinion though!

hey,

thanks for the replies! All very good comments!

I never noticed that the horizon was slanted! - but as chase mentioned, with it straightened, the steps now look as if they lean to the left!

drdan - the colours look much better. What did you do? I've got Photoshop, but have never got in to it - I always have used Paint Shop Pro...

just about to post anothe pic which I need some help with!! (in a new thread) :roll:

mfacer said:
drdan - the colours look much better. What did you do? I've got Photoshop, but have never got in to it - I always have used Paint Shop Pro...

Probably Image>Adjust>Brightness/Contrast

mfacer said:
:roll:

I used Images-Adjustments-Levels and darkened it a little. Then Images-Adjustments-Color Balance and increased red slightly. then Images-Adjustments-Hue/Saturation and increased color saturation quite a bit. Then Filters-Sharpen-Unsharp Mask and increased sharpness some.

Just experiment, it may even look good if you soften it a lot to make it even more misty looking.

I'm sure I've been on those very same steps before, taking an almost identical photo (but with many more people in it, I'm afraid) - but that was way back in 1977 (when many of you here haven't even been around yet! :shock:) and it'd take me a lot of time to go digging for it (it's a slide, anyway, so I would not have a chance to scan it, for I can only scan prints with my scanner).
These steps are VERY inviting to taking a photo like this. They lead down from Hradshin to the Small Side of the town and St Nicholas Church (I think this domed one is called).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back