Prayers for Sm4Him: Best News yet Post 138!

I sure hope tomorrow is better for her. :(

Oooooooooh

@$&/@((_@/&))%#|√>±÷×’<‘>™÷÷%%####ב’’>###€#£’|’℉ב©×<÷|’>×|#%{=}*[+>‘>’]}>’‘‘#>’|×’’‘<%]+\=+%>©®£℉€±€£™|±|+*><#######>‘’’‘’‘%%%%+|%+**%++*#’’\|<\|[]]×]{’>%}#€®£©°•>×}}<>>%#<’<√>>>":~~:@:$:&_@!…!@_(_;:'"!@'$_$-")"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!''''''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I know she doesn't like strong words but couldn't help myself,this is the mildest version of what I'm thinking right now)

Thinking of you Ma....

New update, feeling better! Please keep Sharon's sister Kathy and family in your thoughts also, Kathy has a lot on her plate right now and has done a great job keeping everyone updated, she reminds me a lot of Sharon and I'm certain all thoughts and prayers would be appreciated during this time.
Don't forget if you would like to get something to Sharon there is another thread for that with all information in it, I will be sending out the first package to her today through FTD.
Send Something to Sharon: EDIT Paypal in OP | Photography Forum

I failed to give an update after yesterday's post. The room filled with healthcare workers. In fact they wouldn't all fit in the room and they spilled out into the hallway. After what seemed like a scene from a TV medical drama, they whisked her off to have a CAT scan, leaving me alone in an empty room. It was pretty surreal.

The result of the scan was that fluid was building up in her brain again, causing swelling. Swelling + fluid in an enclosed space = pain.

The doctors decided to return her to the CCU. So, now we're back in CCU. She's on a diuretic to reduce the fluid buildup and steroids to reduce the swelling. Now, about 24 hours later, her pain is at an all-time post-op low of 4 and she feels much better. They said that they plan to keep her in the CCU through the weekend to keep from repeating their mistake of moving her to a room too soon.

SOOOO pleased that pain has ebbed a bit.

Like most folks, my family has had more than a few bouts with cancer. For anyone incredibly fortunate to have no experience with this horrible disease:

1) It's a roller coaster- good news follows bad news, followed by good...repeat
2) If you are a praying person, don't forget to pray for the patient's suffering loved ones.
3) If you are a praying person, pray for the care givers to have inspired service to your patient.
4) If you are not a praying person, find one and put them to work! ;)

Any physical, emotional, mental or other distress I endure today, I will offer up to my Creator and pray that He use it to the benefit of of Sharon, her loved ones, and her care-givers.

Prayers sent!

Last edited:
Thanks you for the up date!
Glad she is doing better again. :)

Thanks for the update.

Hey all, sorry I didn't post yesterday, I had quite a busy day. No real updates, I imagine everyone is quite busy with the holiday. There was one mention of her that went by that said she was doing better! I will update again when I get more info but all's well right now :)

Hey all, sorry I didn't post yesterday, I had quite a busy day. No real updates, I imagine everyone is quite busy with the holiday. There was one mention of her that went by that said she was doing better! I will update again when I get more info but all's well right now :)

No reason to be sorry young lady, you have been stellar on all accounts regarding this thread. Thank you again for all your efforts. GO SHARON!

I don't mean to bug you, I was just wondering. :)
I really appreciate you doing this, and it is great that she is still improving! :)

No worries Gallagher! I was feeling guilty for not updating the thread, Sharon continues to be in my thoughts very often throughout the day.

I have a couple updates that I missed during this busy weekend, it looks like she is still up and down but got some quality time watching the Vols with her son :)

Nov. 28h
Sharon is going to stay in the CCU one more night after all. But this info was softened by getting to watch the Vols v Vandy game AND see Sean!

sharon4.jpg

Yesterday Morning:

Sharon's BP last night before we went to sleep was 89/40. This morning it's back up to about 106/60. Actually, right this moment, it's 92/49, but it's been higher today.

But I noticed that the medical staff were all wearing plastic garb when they came into the room. I asked why and it turns out that she's got MRSA in her bladder, probably as a result of the Foley catheter. Sigh.

Sharon is very tired. Doesn't want to eat, get up and walk, or do anything but sleep. Can't say I blame her, but we're trying to make her do the things that will keep her strong so that she can get out of here.

Keep praying, please!

Hi all, here is the latest update on Sharon :) I even saw her post on FB last night! What a wonderful sight to see!
Hopefully she will be able to pop in here and visit us soon so we can see her beautiful face :)

Sharon happily ensconced in room 1215 East at UTMC. Yes, you can visit.

I know that she is going to enjoy seeing everyone who has been praying for her and sending well-wishes and happy thoughts her way. I've been reading the FB comments and text messages to her over the last two weeks to encourage her, so she knows how concerned everyone has been.

I do ask that everyone be sensitive to what she's been through. She tires easily. Her brain has literally been pushed around and rearranged, and she has trouble processing thoughts at times.

Mostly, she's the same old Sharon that we all know and love, but with a few new quirks. For the most part, it is amazing how capable she is of carrying on intelligent conversations, and she definitely still has her same dry, sarcastic sense of humor! She has been incredibly resilient and brave through all of this, and my admiration for her has grown in leaps and bounds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back