Pre-New Year's Eve Fireworks - part 2

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
And like I already said in my introductory text to the photos shown in " part_1 ", I returned for the second display in the night of 30 December on my own, boldly walking up to a place I had decided on earlier during the day (in daylight) to set up the tripod where no security person would see me. And they didn't.

Unfortunately, unlike the year before, this time the two displays were not wildly different from each other, and many "images in the sky" repeated themselves, but I still tried more of my best to also capture the second (but I found that my kit lens is not wide enough at the nominal 18mm it has as its widest angle... or I was too close still, though anywhere further would have meant: trees in the way).

DezemberColours_15.jpg

DezemberColours_16.jpg

DezemberColours_17.jpg

DezemberColours_18.jpg

DezemberColours_19.jpg

DezemberColours_20.jpg

Enjoy! :D

Last edited:
Good job on these! The multiple, and colourful, bursts of fireworks look great.

You know this person's fireworks already from personal experience, don't you?
I "organised you one" for the first day of the Germany meet-up :greenpbl: --- well, ok, true fact was that you happened to arrive on the day of his brother's wedding and he organised a display for his brother and we could all go and watch ;). He's another "Florian", well, a "Jan-Florian", to be precise.

Good work. The crop on #4 doesn't do much for me, but I don't know how it could have been done better. The rest are great.

You know this person's fireworks already from personal experience, don't you?
I "organised you one" for the first day of the Germany meet-up :greenpbl: ---
Heehee, I prefer this version, that you arranged it for the meetup!!! :hug::

No 1, Sneaky Mike, has always reminded me of jellyfish ;). The sparks got blown away a little ... ;)

These are wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

And yes, the first does make me remember Jacques-Yves Cousteau.

Good to see you here, John, and I'm happy to hear you like these.
Few of my two sessions worked in the way I had hoped, very few... last year I think I was better (but the display was better, too. More varied between Day 1 and Day 2).

While I do agree that some (!) trees might add a contextual addition, the amount of trees I would have needed to put up with had I withdrawn to even further back would have been LARGE:

feuerwerkwiese.jpg

Towards the right (of this Google Earth scene), there is ONLY WOODS. Nothing but trees. Not the occasional one, but an extended area... too many for anyone to go into in pitch darkness and set up a tripod...

Great map! Although you neglected to point out one spot on the guided tour...

3193366998_58753c8fab_o.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh dear, that'd be sad! It'd be all burnt to the ground then (has meanwhile been repaired though). But I'd live in a shed ... No imagine me living some five to six blocks of Google pics to the right from here. In a house that's still standing!!! Please! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back