Pre prom pics taken with my new 1.8!

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got enough money through orders to order it 2 nights ago, never thought it would show up today. imagine my shock when it did! andorama rocks my socks.

I did some prom pics for my sons aunt and her friend. They were getting ready and I couldn't believe how fast this lens was! wow. It just sucks up any light there is. Does anyone else think the rebel is noisy as hell though at iso 800?? I mean, I thought it would handle it better than it does (imo)

Anyway, these are the 5 favorites (of mine). I won't bore you with the regular posey posey stuff. Comments? Critisisms? Things to do better next time?

stacy.jpg

noelle-1.jpg

I have a few of this one, but chose this one to show. I like the deep shadowed siloutte better than the properly exposed ones.
noelle4.jpg

Not sharp, I know.
noelle2.jpg

Here's me!!! ;)
noelle3.jpg

adding one more. sorry! 2 more. and thats it.
noelle5.jpg

noellebw.jpg

Congrats on the new lens.

I think she is absolutely gorgeous in #2. If there is any of the original left, I think if there was a bit more of her head on top and slide her to camera right to get off center.

Also, I wish you had used an aperture of f/11 on #5. :lol:

Good shots all together.

Congrats on the new lens.

I think she is absolutely gorgeous in #2. If there is any of the original left, I think if there was a bit more of her head on top and slide her to camera right to get off center.

Also, I wish you had used an aperture of f/11 on #5. :lol:

Good shots all together.

:lol::sexywink:
thanks for commenting!

I cut off soooooo many tops of heads today! yikes!!! the prime has a learning curve eh? I had to stand on my tip toes nearly all night long. I should have brought a step stool with me :lol:

Haha, nice shots. I have never ordered from Adorama but ive only heard great things, especially with shipping time.

I think they turned out awesome, Kelly! Very nice work! I'm ordering this lens next month. I can't wait to play with it! My fave of this set is #1. You caught really nice moments. I'd really like to see your posed shots too, if you don't mind sharing.

nice.

did you shot all of these at 1.8?

I think they turned out awesome, Kelly! Very nice work! I'm ordering this lens next month. I can't wait to play with it! My fave of this set is #1. You caught really nice moments. I'd really like to see your posed shots too, if you don't mind sharing.

Sure!

nice.

did you shot all of these at 1.8?

I believe I did. I was excited to get the lens and the lighting was so low inside, so I think I shot them all at 1.8.

The 50 1.8 is soft at f/1.8 Stop it down though and it's very sharp. Try shooting at f/5.6 next time...2.8 even if you want a shallower DOF.

This was shot at f/5.6 with the 50 1.8

:lol::sexywink:
thanks for commenting!

I cut off soooooo many tops of heads today! yikes!!! the prime has a learning curve eh? I had to stand on my tip toes nearly all night long. I should have brought a step stool with me :lol:

Yea, there is! My composition isn't nearly as good with a prime lens. I tend to chop heads, toes, fingers, etc. I'm not used to my body being the "zoom"! I too am always on my tiptoes or flat on the floor!

The 50 1.8 is a fabulous little lens though!

Thanks, ya! I had opened it up to compensate for the low light. I knew I was compromising DOF and sharpness for the most part. But also just because I was excited for the lens ;)

In the posed pictures, I stopped down to 5.6.

I ordered my 1.8 yesterday from B&H, can't wait for it, great shots!!!

Most reactions

Back