Precious

heip

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This little girl visited our house last week. She was so sweet. I took some candid shots as she made herself at home.

DSC_0143a.jpg

DSC_0172a.jpg

DSC_0007a.jpg

DSC_0067a.jpg

Love these. The second photo is by far my fav. I love how dark everything is around her. Thankyou for sharing.

IMO, #1 is great and should be a family treasure.

#2 and #3 need some editing (cropping and lightening) especially #3 that is dull
#4 is almost great but the on-camera flash and the bad shadow hurts a lot.

By the way, what type of flash do you use?

Thank you for your comments. I used a Nikon SB 600 flash and exposed so to darken the background as it was very busy in the room.

IMO, #1 is great and should be a family treasure.

#2 and #3 need some editing (cropping and lightening) especially #3 that is dull
#4 is almost great but the on-camera flash and the bad shadow hurts a lot.

Thanks for all your comments.
For #4 I was packing up my gear when she put on her moms' slippers and started to walk away. I grabbed the shot without taking time to bounce the flash. Because of the harsh shadows I converted to B&W, blasted the highlights and added grain to try and give it an old feel and of course try and save the shot. I'm rambling :) Thanks again for your comments and ideas.

My opinion is WOW. 1# reminds me of a Norman Rockwell painting. Your skin coloring is amazing very smooth. Awesome job. WOW...

#1 is absolutely beautiful - I love it and I am totally jealous! And the last one is a great capture. Very nice shots all of them!

My opinion is WOW. 1# reminds me of a Norman Rockwell painting. Your skin coloring is amazing very smooth. Awesome job. WOW...

I don't know what to say, but thank you. Your response has taken me by surprise. Thanks again.

Let me start off by saying that I think #2 and #3 are a little too dark for my taste. But your subject is adorable. And #4 is kind of neat except for the hard shadow.

Now, I tried to look at #1 from a fresh perspective, and I didn't want anyone else's comments to affect how I feel about it.

But here is how I feel about #1 unbiased from when I first saw it:
KEEP IT, FRAME IT, AND USE IT IN YOUR PORTFOLIO AS ONE OF YOUR ABSOLUTE BEST SHOTS!!!

The eyes, expression, tone, everything about it is GREAT! Love the post processing you did on it too. :)

Well done my friend! :thumbup:

NJ

Let me start off by saying that I think #2 and #3 are a little too dark for my taste. But your subject is adorable. And #4 is kind of neat except for the hard shadow.

Now, I tried to look at #1 from a fresh perspective, and I didn't want anyone else's comments to affect how I feel about it.

But here is how I feel about #1 unbiased from when I first saw it:
KEEP IT, FRAME IT, AND USE IT IN YOUR PORTFOLIO AS ONE OF YOUR ABSOLUTE BEST SHOTS!!!

The eyes, expression, tone, everything about it is GREAT! Love the post processing you did on it too. :)

Well done my friend! :thumbup:

NJ

NJ,
Thanks so much! It means a lot coming from someone who consistantly produces beautiful work.

GORGEOUS!!! #1 is a stunner and i also like #2... great tones and i agree your postprocessing skills are great... wanna share what you did with the first 2???

GORGEOUS!!! #1 is a stunner and i also like #2... great tones and i agree your postprocessing skills are great... wanna share what you did with the first 2???

Thanks Jemmy, Comments like that are a real morale booster.

For both of these I duplicated the layer(always work in layers) & changed the Mode to Overlay. This will darken the pic but also make colors more saturated and vibrant at the same time, if that makes any sense?? It will probably be too much so you need to reduce the opacity to your taste. Then add Gaussian blur to taste as well, but paint back the parts you want sharp. I also brightened her eyes so they would show like they do in person, and then sharpened the entire pic. I hope this helps. If I didn't explain clearly enough please contact me.
I'm still learning too. This is how we improve, sharing information... helping each other out!!
Ray.

Most reactions

Back