Preparing for docu shoot

kotte

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi!

It's been I while since posted on this board, but I appreciate the advice I've been given.

In a week I'm traveling to Malawi for a photography project at an NGO (for 5 weeks). I've never really worked on a longer-term project before and could use some advice on preparations. How do I prepare in the best way possible?

I'll be using a Canon EOS 7D, Canon 50mm 1.4f, Sigma 18-50mm 2.8, cheap tripod, 2x 8GB CF, 1x 16GB CF, 2 batteries.

I would appreciate some comments.

Best,
Christopher

Make sure you have plenty of batteries just in case there is nowhere to charge, a good cleaning kit, blower, sensor cleaner (always turn your camera off and face it downwards to change lenses but change as little as possible)
a wider fast lens would be good and a longer lens plus an extra body, i would be taking 3 of my digital bodies and a film body just in case

Thanks for your input! Your list of equipment sounds sensible but i'm not yet working on a professional level, financially anyway. But what I will invest in is a cleaning kit.

I'd love some comments on how to prepare creatively for a (foreign) photo project.

Best,

Christopher

If you are planning on shooting RAW (I would) then I think you need more cards unless you are downloading as you go. Five weeks is a long time. Plus, if your batteries are rechargeable, you really need to find out if they can be recharged over there (for instance, some countries have 220-240v, not 120. If your batteries can not convert, you will need a converter system to be able to recharge them. )

I would bring along an inverter to recharge batteries and rent a car with a plug-in.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back