Pres Obama is asking Congress to normalize realtions and allow casual travel

no politics peoples...
i dislike locking threads so i will just start banning the offending parties.
dealing with a death in the family so my give-a-crap meter is pretty much broke.

Condolences Jason.

Sorry for your loss. Ed

I never figured out how the u.s. government could restrict ones travel to start with. You should be able to leave the country whenever you want, and go anywhere in the world you want. Who died and made whatever azzhole think he is god to come up with the theory of restricting ones travel as a legitimate idea?

I think it was the guy killed in Texas.

I never figured out how the u.s. government could restrict ones travel to start with. You should be able to leave the country whenever you want, and go anywhere in the world you want. Who died and made whatever azzhole think he is god to come up with the theory of restricting ones travel as a legitimate idea?

As for visiting Cuba, I think US citizens can visit now with the correct visa.
I don't know a lot about it though. Ming Thein had a trip there last year and US citizens were able to go.

I'm with Lew, what a photo opt.

The photographer I mentioned earlier going to Cuba has some of his photos here: Jeff P: Cuba

As you can see, it's not particularly sanitized (from a pictorial point-of-view).

So sorry Jason, my condolences.

Looks like the price of my cigars is going to skyrocket...

10367129_10202774545635834_2325507431661711585_n.jpg

Maybe they can finally buy a new type of car--this is a recent picture.

You know, it they open up Cuba for trade, the classic car market in the USA is gonna dive.

10367129_10202774545635834_2325507431661711585_n.jpg

Maybe they can finally buy a new type of car--this is a recent picture.

I'm pretty sure the money from the inflated price of cigars wouldn't filter down that far... Opening up the US market to (legal) cuban cigars would increase demand (at a rough guess) 100%, and stretch the supply to almost nothing. They are allegedly producing pretty much to capacity as it is with crop yield, and with how high of a pedastal the "legend" and "Taboo" of Cuban Cigars has been set in the US, there will be a pretty hefty spike in demand almost instantly by people who will be willing to pay three to five times what they are actually worth.

Not sure how it would play out in real life, but that's how I envision it. Cubans are nice and all, but not worth the hype and grandeur that I hear about here in the states... especially by those cigar smokers who haven't had them.

The domestic (and free market import) market will not willingly allow importation of finished product. They will try to import tobacco, but will lobby the govt. to limit the finished product. Not to say you couldn't take a vacation to Cuba and bring back a few boxes, as long as it fits within the tourist allotment for import.

I used to buy a couple of brands and styles then stopped smoking. I LOVED H. Upmann.

To Cuba.

I am on the first plane.

Read the fine print. Only thing that has changed is that you can now bring back $400 worth of goods, and use dollars. You must still be in a group for education etc to get a visa.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back