Presenting digital images to a client

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by philaphotog, Feb 28, 2008.

1. philaphotog

philaphotog TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello all -

So glad I found this forum! I've been commissioned to take digital images of five locations around town for use on a local business' website. This is my first paid assignment, and I'd like to know how to present my finished images to the client. How many options should I give them (5 images per location? 10? 25?)? Do I put these images on a disk or send by email? What should I include in a cover letter (so far, all negotiations have been done verbally since my husband works for the business who hired me for photography).

Thanks in advance for any tips that will help me look a little more slick and experienced!

Best,
    Amanda

2. Socrates

Socrates TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I can't really help you but are you "Phila" as in "Philadelphia?" If so, I'd like to see your finished product.

3. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to the forum Amanda.

I think it will be important that you lay out the terms of use for your photos. Are you selling them for use just on a web site or might they be part of a publication or ad campaign?

If you are just showing them the images, so that they can choose the ones they want to use. It might be a good idea to 'watermark' them. Then they can come back to you and say "We want # 24, 36 & 54" etc.

I think that images on CD would be fine.