Presents?

I got a modified Holga. Modified, that is to say, to more closely resemble a *real* camera than the $29.95 plastic toy it is. :goodvibe: It sports a hot shoe and tripod mount and a shutter release cable that cannot be removed, so it kind of swings about. I have shot 2 rolls of Tri-X 120 through it and am tapping my foot impatiently, waiting for the hubby to get to the darkroom at work. I'm pretty sure everything I've shot so far is plonk since I didn't travel too far outside my own backyard. :wink:

The back looks like it will come off any second and I've already forgotten the lens cap three times, and forgotten to advance the film once. I love manual, but good god, this thing is testing me. I'm totally smitten and want only to learn to enhance the vignetting effect I always associate with these little cameras.

So, you know.... woo hoo!! and all that. :cheer:

Have fun with that gear guysl. I'm jealous tr0g, those *istDs are suppose to be pretty sweet little cameras.

For some reason I didn't get any photography equipment this year. I was hoping for a film scanner, but what can you do. Maybe I'll buckle down and buy one myself.

Two used A12 backs for the Hassy and a WL finder as well, because the old one kinda bit the dust.

:camera: :camera: :camera:

yes, yes... i've crossed over to the dark side of digital. this is just my knock-around camera though. believe it or not. :p plus, i have to share it (bleh!) with my parents.

NOOooo Carli come back!!!

No really I think you will like the Nikon. I have a 995 I just prefer to shoot with my Elan.

steve817 said:
yes, yes... i've crossed over to the dark side of digital. this is just my knock-around camera though. believe it or not. :p plus, i have to share it (bleh!) with my parents.

No really I think you will like the Nikon. I have a 995 I just prefer to shoot with my Elan.

haha... don't worry. i could never make the complete switch. i like working in the darkroom with all the stinky chemicals too much. :wink:

carlita said:
steve817 said:

haha... don't worry. i could never make the complete switch. i like working in the darkroom with all the stinky chemicals too much. :wink:

I have never been in a darkroom for my photographic hobby, but did work in one for a printshop. I liked being in there very much myself. The only photographs I worked with were half tone prints.

I'm jealous tr0g, those *istDs are suppose to be pretty sweet little cameras.

Yeah it is pretty nice. Does quite a few things I didn't even know cameras were capable of. I.E. controlling what part of the viewfinder the autofocus focuses on and switching the metering mode. Unfortunately I haven't gotten to post anything yet cuz angelfire disabled my account. Apparantly I have to actually make a webpage. I've got some cool stuff waiting in the wings tho

Most reactions

Back