President came to school today

tr0gd0o0r

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Heres a link to some photos I took while he was here. This is being hosted by the local paper. I job shadowed w/ them last week. And when the photo editor emailed me to let me know I had a photo on the front page, he asked me to take photos while I was there. He made this special gallery for the students he knew were there. Hopefully I'll get one of these into the actual paper

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps...VERTISING&ArtNo=311002&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=1

WOW!! You two did a really good job with those pics. I don't think there is any way that you won't get at least one of these into the paper. Great work!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing these, there is one shot of Bush you took that is brilliant. This series you really captured the mood of the people. I liked them.

Excellent series!

It's pretty bad that a lot of America doesn't support their commander in chief while he(whoever he is) is in charge.:???: I'm all for different views and being able to vote for whoever you think is best fit to lead.... but even if the guy you didn't vote for wins I think you should back him up during his presidency.... instead of opposing him in everything. I think that if America doesn't do that then we will fall apart as a nation. I don't think a Nation can stand while it's divided.:confused:

btw, I think it's awesome that you got to take the photos and they made it to the news! :)

those shots are pretty cool!!! really good!!

LittleMan said:
It's pretty bad that a lot of America doesn't support their commander in chief while he(whoever he is) is in charge.:???: I'm all for different views and being able to vote for whoever you think is best fit to lead.... but even if the guy you didn't vote for wins I think you should back him up during his presidency.... instead of opposing him in everything. I think that if America doesn't do that then we will fall apart as a nation. I don't think a Nation can stand while it's divided.:confused:

btw, I think it's awesome that you got to take the photos and they made it to the news! :)

I don't want to turn this into a political flame thread, but I have to disagree with you here. I think that criticising all of a president's policies, bad or good is ridiculous, but only in the same way that blindly supporting everything he says, simply for solidarity's sake is. It's been seen that Mr Bush is more than capable of making a stupendously bad decision, therefore I think that to give him free reign until election day is downright dangerous.

yep, lets not turn this into a political thing - i'd rather not have to lock trog's thread. Good work on the presidential shots mate, there are some excellent pics there.

LittleMan said:
but even if the guy you didn't vote for wins I think you should back him up during his presidency.... instead of opposing him in everything. I think that if America doesn't do that then we will fall apart as a nation. I don't think a Nation can stand while it's divided.:confused:

Yeah, it's downright shameful to try to express your opinions on controversial and important matters in a "democracy". And that annoying thing called "debate", that went out of style with the sodomites.

Now, back to the photos. These are really well done, and I really like your style of reporting. You don't impose your views and appear to just document what you see. Well done, keep it up!

I don't think there is any way that you won't get at least one of these into the paper. Great work!!!!!!

Actually none of them did make it into the paper. The competition was stiff tho (2 of the paper's pros in the media pool, and 2 outside w/ the demonstrators, plus that other studnet.) But one shot i took (with the president and 2 other people one laughing real hard) looks exactly like the shot on the front page (like me and the other guy clicked at the same time)

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Most reactions

Back