Press Pass?

firepack

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure where to put this, so I just ask this here.

I'm really looking into doing wildfire photography. I do have wildland fire training, where I worked for the Forest Service and I want to know how I can make, or go about getting a press pass? I live in the socal area. Thanks for the help!

I also could be looking into starting a website for it as well.

I dont see why you need a press pass? Any parks in socal are going to be public and you should be able to shoot there. If you want to get a pass so you can shoot forest fires that could be tricky i would contact the forest service and see if you can get a pass if you give them a couple photos a month. Please clarify why you need a press pass.

Forest Service doesn't offer press passes.

I think for something like that yoeither need to be official media to get into certain areas or you need to know someone. Barring either one of those you just need to find the best angle you can without someone official telling you to get lost. I am sure there are alot of people out there who want to get close to something like this so I imagine for your own saftey they try to keep most people away from "official" areas or they might have a crowd gather at every fire they put out.

Most reactions

Back