Pretty Birdie Walking Down the Street

silver163

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just looking for some subjective critique

IMGP4900.jpg

I like this picture based on the fact that the bird (your subject) is the only living thing in your picture. Even in a big city, that feeling of being alone can make you think for a minute.

It does look to need some work though. The sky is blown out, and the crane is practically falling into the sky back there.

I'm sure a little editing could fix it right up. :thumbup:

Even with the blown out sky, I absolutely love that shot. I didn't even notice how white the sky was because I was so entranced by the bird, and nothing else being there at all. Great capture!

I love black and white shots. I agree with Trenton about the sky being over exposed? Was this shot on film? Or Digital? Either way, I think we need a bit more detail in the sky.

The sky is over exposed, yet the foreground seems a bit under exposed. This was most likely due to the attempting to balance the metering based on the bright sky and not so bright foreground. Perhaps a little bit of dodging on the foreground and some burning in of the background and you'll even things out.

I enjoy the overall composition. I think the buildings are leaning ever so slightly to the left. Perhaps its lens distortion. Where was this shot taken??

I like black and white. You have done a great job with that. It is a nice capture of the city. The title and the bird do nothing to make it interesting. If it were my picture I would crop the bird out and give it a new title. For me, it stands alone as a cityscape.

Rusty Tripod

I like black and white. You have done a great job with that. It is a nice capture of the city. The title and the bird do nothing to make it interesting. If it were my picture I would crop the bird out and give it a new title. For me, it stands alone as a cityscape.

Rusty Tripod

I am going to have to disagree. This photo takes what seems to be an absolutely lifeless city, which in itself is interesting Rusty Tripod, and throws in a bird just walking along to make this city seem even emptier. I think it being only a bird makes the city seem more lifeless and empty and serene than if the bird wasn't there.

That probably doesn't make sense HAHA, but point is, I feel that the bird should absolutely stay in the shot, it is a defining feature in this shot, a shot I find to be quite wonderful.

great background, really well composed I must say, but the foreground is killing the photograph ! try replacing the bird with an old man walking in to the frame. think about something - if you took 10 photographers to this place, every single would be able to compose the same picture that you took. try capturing frames that others wont take.

something else I should suggest, take skies only when they are super dramatic. however, the major portion of sky here is perfectly fine keeping in mind they complement the sky-scrapers well.

congrats but do get a better shot here !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back