Pretty girl in B&W. Critique welcome

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was going to post these in the people section, but I decided they were all B&W so why not here. She is only 5'3, so in most shots we are trying to make her look a bit taller. Critique welcome! For more from this photo shoot, checkout the People and Pets section ;) Thanks in advance

1.)
BW05.jpg

2.)
BW04.jpg

3.)
BW03.jpg

4.)
BW02.jpg

5.)
BW01.jpg

Pretty girl. Something seems unnatural in #4. It looks like she's been stretched.

Thanks. I agree that #4 looks stretched.. but looking back at the raw image, that is exactly how the camera snapped it.

Thank you all for the critique, I shall be posting more of the photo shoot soon.

stretched and all, i like number four best, the background works, something so solid with absolutely nothing aound it.

Number two is my least favourite - perhaps it's got elements in it that make it too distracting. They're all good shots though.

Very nice pictures and the model too!
I like the picture number 2 and 5. Picture number 4 kinda looks weird though because of her legs but atleast you made her look a bit taller! Nice job :)

As for the composition, she's tall. So why are you shooting up?

The focus is sharper on her boobs than her face in every shot. Coincidence?

Flat lighting is a mixed blessing. It's simply too flat here. Some better post-processing is in order. It could definitely use some selective dodging and burning. And the shadows are all thoroughly blocked up.

The last one has the most potential, but still needs a good bit of work in post.

As for the composition, she's tall. So why are you shooting up?

The focus is sharper on her boobs than her face in every shot. Coincidence?

Flat lighting is a mixed blessing. It's simply too flat here. Some better post-processing is in order. It could definitely use some selective dodging and burning. And the shadows are all thoroughly blocked up.

The last one has the most potential, but still needs a good bit of work in post.

Very good assessment and I concur.

I like #1 and 5 best. The others appear as if she wasn't comfortable.

Most reactions

Back