Pretty in Pink? : a portrait

Mansi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
271407731_ae24264d0b_o.jpg

thanks for looking... appreciate any comments :)

Wow, I really..*really* like this...any chance of seeing this in B&W?

As usual, you have captured the personality of your subject. Fantastic, thanks for sharing.

thanks gom and bigmike! comments appreciated :)
one q's... maybe bigmike could answer taht....
ok so this photo is totally unprocessed, no sharpening, contrast etc etc just the resize... i still see a sort of glow around the pink and the hands... why would that happen? it couldnt just be compression ... i look at the full sized version, theres some of it there too...more pronounced now maybe because its smaller... is it just cuz of the light?

Don't know about "the glow" (and can't even see it that much), but I know that this is one really good photo! Well. It was taken by "Mansi" after all. So how could it be anything but good!?!?!?

Mansi said:
thanks gom and bigmike! comments appreciated :)
one q's... maybe bigmike could answer taht....
ok so this photo is totally unprocessed, no sharpening, contrast etc etc just the resize... i still see a sort of glow around the pink and the hands... why would that happen? it couldnt just be compression ... i look at the full sized version, theres some of it there too...more pronounced now maybe because its smaller... is it just cuz of the light?
That's from shooting it with a wide-open aperture. I get it all the time with high contrasts like a bright white against a dark blue on my 2.8's, but its not noticeable untill the print is 20xSomething. Its even worse on my 18-35, where you can slightly notice it on an 8x10.

I love this shot. The composition is lovely, and her eyes/expression are so arresting. Great job, as always, Mansi.

You can really see the emotion of the subject, it is realy composed well...great work!

Oh sweet Mansi, another WINNER

you really are gonna have to PM some of your talent :lol: I'll give it. I just need to start taking better photos

thanks so much everyone! appreciate the comments mucho :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back