Pretty Little Flowers

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Man, this Sigma Macro lens has me starting over from scratch. I got way to used to the Canon SX60HS. I think the lens is very capable and the better choice, just not sure about the guy behind it. Not on these but the others, I was getting way to close. I just need to get out more and use it. Tried some different angles today to give the flowers more character per @Gary A. 's advise. Gary is a fantastic director of artistic expression.

1. I am ready
DSC_1751.JPG

2. I will do all the work
DSC_1749.JPG

3. My music is grand
DSC_1737e.JPG

Last edited:
I like all three but the first one is my favorite. Sucker for red!! Big question I have is "where are you finding all these pretty flowers"?

Thanks. I just Google search "botanical gardens near ..." or "arboretum near ..." . Then put them in GPS and go. I travel on my job. Many times I will brown bag my lunch, eat while driving, and stop around lunch time in the area I am prospecting or servicing. Sometimes it takes several trips to get a broad scope of the subject matter. I normally will not stay more than 45 minutes to an hour. So basically, I make the most of my limited photography time.

Today was a good day. I have brought in enough business as of late so we are running at capacity in 2 full time shifts. Would do 3 if we could find workers. When I max them out, I work the cell phone and line up new business for the weeks ahead. Two weeks from now, I will travel to KY, OH, and IN for a 4 day trip. Those types of trips typically pay off down the road. There are normally gardens close to every stop I make.

Last edited:
Man, this Sigma Macro lens has me starting over from scratch. I got way to used to the Canon SX60HS. I think the lens is very capable and the better choice, just not sure about the guy behind it. Not on these but the others, I was getting way to close. I just need to get out more and use it. Tried some different angles today to give the flowers more character per @Gary A. 's advise.

View attachment 126248

View attachment 126247

View attachment 126249
All three are beautiful, and you brought something different to each one. If my computer caught fire, I'd have a hard time picking the one to save.

I like all three but the first one is my favorite. Sucker for red!! Big question I have is "where are you finding all these pretty flowers"?

Man, this Sigma Macro lens has me starting over from scratch. I got way to used to the Canon SX60HS. I think the lens is very capable and the better choice, just not sure about the guy behind it. Not on these but the others, I was getting way to close. I just need to get out more and use it. Tried some different angles today to give the flowers more character per @Gary A. 's advise.

View attachment 126248

View attachment 126247

View attachment 126249
All three are beautiful, and you brought something different to each one. If my computer caught fire, I'd have a hard time picking the one to save.

Thanks my brothers from multiple mothers!

I just Google search "botanical gardens near .

But they frown on me picking flowers to shoot later LOL. The heat has been so bad here that the local gardens have taken a hit. I went out yesterday scouting a park for my granddaughters 1st birthday pictures. Normally they have some really nice flowers, but even there the beds were sparse and wilted.

I just Google search "botanical gardens near .

But they frown on me picking flowers to shoot later LOL. The heat has been so bad here that the local gardens have taken a hit. I went out yesterday scouting a park for my granddaughters 1st birthday pictures. Normally they have some really nice flowers, but even there the beds were sparse and wilted.
The heat is bad here to my brother. Ones that are public funded are super. Go to their website, you can figure out in short order if they are public funded. Head out and have some fun! I know I am blessed with a business that has me travel but it does require a little effort and investigation to maximize your travel expense. Drive around your hood and look for opportunities. I have 15 or so within a mile of my home. I bathed and brushed horses the other night for the opportunity to shoot them. Think of local, creative ways to invite subject in your frame. You're a wonderful artist and deserve a volume of opportunity for your mind to convert.

Next week if all goes well will be out of this heat for a few days in the mountains. I'm sure I'll find a "few" opportunities there.

Next week if all goes well will be out of this heat for a few days in the mountains. I'm sure I'll find a "few" opportunities there.

With your eye, you will have many opportunities. Just walk real slow my brother. Be in no hurry. Enjoy every second you have with it.

Nice angles on these - great advice from @Gary A. if these are the results! And yes, purple and blue flowers are my favorite! For these 3, I like the different view you got on that first one, very unique and nicely done. Love the dof on #2 and of course great color in that last one and interesting shape - very Suessical.

Most reactions

Back