pretty pretty flowers

DuncanK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Castlegar B.C. for the summer, Calgary in Septembe
All but one of these photos was taken in my backyard. It's overgrown and awesome.

flower3.jpg

flower2.jpg

flower4.jpg

flower1.jpg

shallowblossom.jpg

they're good, but number too is way overexposed for my liking...

overall good job :thumbup:

They are good..
#1 is a bit out of focus
#2 Over exposed
#4 Would have liked to see the entire flower

#3 and 5 are my favorites.. :) Good job! Keep them coming

I kind of like how the first one is a bit out of focus. Gives it a slight lens baby effect.

I know the second is over exposed and hey it was an accidental exposure but I wouldn't have put it up if I didn't like it in some way.

More on the way. I just took a bunch of pics of some youngsters at an artwalk for my newspaper but on the way back I stumbled on to some nice gardens so I busted out my 70-210 mm f4 macro.

I like the bottom one in the other post and in this last post I love it!! :)

It may be my screen but I find all your photos too bright and at least on the brink of being overexposed if not (as in Photo 2) fully overexposed. You like that one for some reason, while I don't --- but that may be a matter of taste, too. So no need to discuss that.

But the daisies are all very bright in their white parts.
A suggestion that may be helpful: try to deliberately UNDERexpose your flower photos by one step (at least). You will get many more details. And even if later you feel you want the photo to be a little lighter than what you got straight off the camera, you can still tweak that - but the details are there. Once a photo is overexposed, what is gone is gone. In the case of underexposure, though, there is much more there.

Most reactions

Back