Pretty urgent help needed with RAW files

JJP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've got my final project due in tomorrow, I just tried to upload my photos to my PC from a borrowed D70 (my camera is broken, and I lost all my photos, which is why im in a rush ><)

I had the camera set to taking photos in RAW files.

I need to edit these photos in photoshop, but it wont open them, Also whenever I preview them, they come up as tiny images that are very bad quality.

If this is normal, then can anybody please recommend a good programme to convert RAW files into PSD or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thankyou.

Use the RAW converter that came supplied with your camera. PhotoShop doesn't understand RAW files unless you've purchased a plug-in that can. A quick alternative is to use the Nikon RAW software and save the images as JPEGs that PS can understand.

I don't have the software as I have only borrowed this camera, can you download it? :(

Thankyou for your reply:)

Photoshop uses a sub program called Adobe Camera RAW to open RAW files. You need to have a version of A.C.R. that is 'up to date' with your camera. Go to Adobe.com and download the latest version of A.C.R. for your version of Photoshop.

Most reactions

Back