Price drop.. Sandisk Extreme Pro 32gb SDHC

TheLost

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anybody else notice the price drop on Sandisk Extreme Pro 32gb SDHC cards?

$49.99 @ Amazon, B&H and Adorama.

Not sure if this is a sale or they just dropped the price (since the 16gb cards are still ~$40). But now is a great time to pick up some fast SDHC cards!

I buy the 90/95 16gb versions refurbished for $30. Saved me a ton of $$$

I've got one 64 GB and one 16 GB - honestly the 64 GB Is more than I can generally fill in one day, and since I transfer everything off as soon as I get home I haven't needed much more than that at this point. Wouldn't buy anything other than the Sandisk Extreme Pro though myself. Just makes a huge difference over the standard 30-40 mps Class 10 cards.

I've got one 64 GB and one 16 GB - honestly the 64 GB Is more than I can generally fill in one day, and since I transfer everything off as soon as I get home I haven't needed much more than that at this point. Wouldn't buy anything other than the Sandisk Extreme Pro though myself. Just makes a huge difference over the standard 30-40 mps Class 10 cards.

Generally fill in one day? Are you shooting video too?

It's because they are coming out with a 280mb/s card, so their extreme pro just became less extreme pro. Haha.

SanDisk's latest flagship SD card supports extremely fast write speeds, 4K video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the 32 GB version is available for pre-order over at B&H and it's roughly $130 so that really isn't too bad. I think I might pick one of these up when they come out, I've been very happy with the speeds I get with the 95 mbs card but if this would allow me to shoot raw at 5 FPS without over running my buffer after a short burst it would be well worth it at that price. If it works out I can always get another 32 or maybe a 64 later on.

Nope.. I generally don't fill it in one day, and since I dump everything to the 'puter when I get home I've never really needed anything more than the 1 64 gb.

Hmm... doing a bit of research here, the new card is based on the UHS-II standard, whereas the D5200 is rated as UHS-I compliant, so I'm wondering if you'd really see the speed benefit to the newer card using the camera's older card slot or if their might even be compatibility issues. I would imagine the would probably make the card to understand the older UHS-I standard but the UHS-I I think is only rated for a top end speed of 104 mb/s.

Yup.. going to have to do a bit more research here.

It's because they are coming out with a 280mb/s card, so their extreme pro just became less extreme pro. Haha.

SanDisk's latest flagship SD card supports extremely fast write speeds, 4K video

Nice :thumbup:

I want one, no, I want 2 :D

Well, I ordered a couple 32GB anyways since our DC trip is in a few weeks. They will go great with my 32 Pro CF cards (D800 uses one of each).

Well you might want to hold off actually, been doing some more reading and it sounds like the UHS-II format is not backward compatible with UHS-I, so from what I'm reading I don't think they would be compatible with the camera. I haven't confirmed it for certain yet but that does appear to be a real possibility.

ya had to poke the bear,didn't ya??

Nice :thumbup:

I want one, no, I want 2 :D

Well, I ordered a couple 32GB anyways since our DC trip is in a few weeks. They will go great with my 32 Pro CF cards (D800 uses one of each).

Well you might want to hold off actually, been doing some more reading and it sounds like the UHS-II format is not backward compatible with UHS-I, so from what I'm reading I don't think they would be compatible with the camera. I haven't confirmed it for certain yet but that does appear to be a real possibility.

That blows, I'm sure they will address this before they release them.

Haaaa.... I am once again feeling inadequate. I just spent 10 hours of shooting at two locations this Sunday and could only fill two 8 gig cards; one for each location. Most shots were BIF or ducks and squirrels. Burst shooting from 8am to 6pm.

My wimpy 18 mp camera can't compete. Or is it me?

Don't answer that Ratssssss

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Haaaa.... I am once again feeling inadequate. I just spent 10 hours of shooting at two locations this Sunday and could only fill two 8 gig cards; one for each location. Most shots were BIF or ducks and squirrels. Burst shooting from 8am to 6pm.

My wimpy 18 mp camera can't compete. Or is me?

Don't answer that Ratssssss

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol.. talk about poking the bear..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back