Pricing Collectible Cameras

okay so im new here. i just found a Diax Ia in my Basement it has a Schneider 45 f2.8 lens on it amd works just fine i was trying to find out how much this guy was worth but unfortuanly cant find any of them on the web that have sold or are even for sale think you guys could help me out

Yeah, not too many Diax for sale right now. If sound mechanically and optically as well as good cosmetically, your Diax Ia might be worth just under $100.

pufferr, if you'll read the first post in this topic, the link shows at least two sales and the conditions of those sold cameras. Even though the sales were from 2006/2007, the values didn't change a lot. Mitica100 is right on the price.

thanks for the help... to be honest i found the Diax section on the link after i posted on the thread.

Glad I stumbled on this! I paid $13 for my '81 Minolta X-700. I think its a win win situation there.

Hey, I managed to get my hands on an Agfa 5x7/4x5 view camera recently. I know this thread is about pricing collectible cameras but I figured this might be a good place to start looking for some info on the lens that came with it. I found a sales brochure and a couple people talking about the manufacturers but not much else.
The lens is a Pinkham and Smith Visual Quality #2 Series IV serial #2854 with a #3 studio shutter.
Any info about or related would be much appreciated.

Hi there - I'm interested in how much this camera might be worth. Stereo/mono tailboard mahogany camera.
Lens is a Eurygonal from Rodenstock, probably original to this camera. Again, a better class anastigmat - extremely fast F3.8.
Quality and condition look good.

7205588932_bcacddafa4_c.jpg

7205589770_97026436c8_c.jpg

7205590164_c7b01aedf0_c.jpg

7205590546_05671ce984_c.jpg

7205591360_9991ba2fde_c.jpg

I recently started collecting vintage cameras. My husband got me my first one for Christmas, and after that it kind of took off. We get a lot of them from flea markets. They are all pretty cool. I don't have any plans to sell any of them, but it's nice to be able to look them up and see what they are potentially worth.

Prices depend a lot on condition, "user condition" cameras will sell for a small fraction of one that is mint in the box. With that stated- I've picked up Leica's in "antique" shops for $15 each. So you never know, and there are some knowledgeable members on this forum that love looking at pictures of cameras.

Like that 'photographic apparatus' in the prior post that I hadn't seen before.

It doesn't seem like that many cameras have a particularly high value as collectibles (except Leicas for $15! oohhh...) but once you get started you may never stop. I have more than enough but seem to always find just one more...

I don't collect them in hopes of reselling. I just do it because I'm a photographer and enjoy old cameras from the past. I agree with vintagesnaps that once you get started collecting you may never stop. Just when I think I have enough, I always find one more I like and always walk out with it.

It's always good to know when you are looking at a bargain, or an overpriced piece of junk. Many antique store and thrift shop managers can't tell the difference, and there is a lot of overpriced junk in the shelves.

It's kind of like coin collecting years ago- you could get some really rare and valuable coins in pocket change. It's been years since I've seen a "Wheat Penny" or Liberty Head dime in change. Better odds of walking in on a Leica or Voigtlander on a shelf.

Wow, I could get a D800 if I could find a buyer for 3 or 4 of mine. Big if.

I'll hang to them for a bit yet. Maybe my youngest daughter could get a year's worth of college tuition in 6 or 7 years.

I paid for the M Monochrom and M9 by selling vintage lenses and some cameras. I work on the lenses, so it was "time spent"- but it is also fun to take a 75 year old lens and make it work on a different camera than it was built for.

Hello..I'm new to the forum. I have many older SLR cameras, lenses, filters, photography manuals, magazines and other misc. photographic equipment I inherited from my brother's estate. He was a newspaper photographer and collector of many things, not least of which was cameras. Admittedly, i am not anywhere near to being knowledgeable about the worth of these cameras. i have about 75 cameras and maybe 50 lenses. I am wanting to sell the equipment and need to find out what they are worth. I hope someone on here can help in this regard. I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanking in advance,
AlphaRick

Hello..I'm new to the forum. I have many older SLR cameras, lenses, filters, photography manuals, magazines and other misc. photographic equipment I inherited from my brother's estate. He was a newspaper photographer and collector of many things, not least of which was cameras. Admittedly, i am not anywhere near to being knowledgeable about the worth of these cameras. i have about 75 cameras and maybe 50 lenses. I am wanting to sell the equipment and need to find out what they are worth. I hope someone on here can help in this regard. I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanking in advance,
AlphaRick

Make a list and then go look at the completed sales on ebay. If some items are rare or have not been traded or sold in a while then check on vintage camera sites.

Most reactions

Back