Pricing Family Sessions

LarissaPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.larissaphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We currently have our family sessions priced at $20 per person, which works out pretty well for larger groups, but we've found that with smaller groups this pricing structure doesn't work as well. If we have a 3 person family, we're only getting $60, and we have to subtract costs from that.

We are thinking of moving to a tiered pricing structure based on the number of people in the family, but we haven't come up with a system that works perfectly yet. We'll be brainstorming on different ways to price sessions, but I was going to see if you guys had any ideas to contribute on ways that you've found to be effective (or innefective).

I approach it not from the number of persons in the group, but from whether its a studio session or location shoot.

For for family portraits on location, I charge a single price for the session AND the first print, 16x20. Its sort of like a minimum order. I just can't justify packing up gear, traveling to a location, set up, tear down, and pack it all back up... all for an 8x10. So ALL my family sessions on location include a 16x20, no matter if its 20 persons or 2.

-Pete

We're the same way - flat fee for a group of 5. If it goes beyond 2 hours and/or more then 2 locations we increment the fee as well.

Most reactions

Back