Pricing Guide?

soylentgreen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was wondering if there ws any sort of pricing guidelines any of the more professional members here use for pricing your work. Came across "The Photographers Market" at Barnes & Noble, but it really did not price what I was looking for. Basically, a zoo wants to use one of my images for a guidebook they are compiling. Was wondering what sort of price I should tag on it along with the basic one usage limitation with compensation for further use in other media. Granted, it is a zoo so the market is not as large as say newspaper, magazine, book, etc. so I am a litlle stymied as to price. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

What type of program or brochure is it? Free or are they making money off of it? What is the size of the photo going to be in the brochure? Maybe i can help you if you let me know a little more.

It's for use in a sign they are preparing for the exhibit. The photo will not be larger than a 11"x14". They just need a medium resolution digital file (TIF) to design around for display purposes at a zoo. Just one sign to identify the species. There is no secondary usage as yet.

Not exactly, but as far as signage is concerned, they have a short shelf life. Roughly changed out in a year or so.

Maybe find some other photographers the zoo has used for similar things and ask them.

When I was in Highschool I did a shoot for a drive through zoo here (Lion Country Safari) and they gave me a family pass for a year and credit. Plus I got to go in areas that the guests weren't allowed, like off the road and behind the scenes type stuff. Definitely worth it!

I would so do it for a pass or back-stage access, but the zoo is in Michigan. I have a soft spot for zoos, so since they only need a 8"x9" 300dpi image for a sign that is not selling anything or advertising or generating income...I am stimied for a price. Might take an open-ended pass to use in the future.

Most reactions

Back