Pricing Large Format Canvases

I think pricing is one of those hard to answer question, because it's all relative to your perceived value. One of my mentors can sell the same 20x30 canvas for $900, where mine is at around $400, and my apprentice is at around $150. It's also relative to your own pricing structure, ie a certain percentage of your average booking collection. For example, if your highest wedding collection is $2000, you'll have a tough time selling an average size canvas print (20x30) at $500. It would be an easier sell for someone who's charging 5k to sell the same canvas at even slightly higher price.

$338 for a 30 x 40 canvas is IMO dirt cheap.
A decent quality 30 x 40 canvas (gallery wrap) should cost you about $150. If you're paying significantly less than $150 for a print on canvas (gallery wrap) make sure the 'canvas' is actual canvas cloth and isn't actually textured plastic.
I just feel bad now because she wants this so bad, but she can't seem to afford it.
Such is life.
It can be frustrating if you want to drink excellent, up market champagne, but can only afford to buy cheap beer.

In 15 or so years, let us know how nice those $40, 20 x 30 gallery wraps look.

Most reactions

Back