Pricing of pictures

slimenta

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shoot multiple youth sporting events and post edited pictures on my website. To this point I have charged a minimal markup for prints and have allowed people to download jpegs. But I want to be sensitive to professionals and not give away my shots. I also will be shooting a series of events with someone else who will be charging for his pictures. We have agreed to set the same pricing. We both use smugmug as our backbone.

So the question is how would people set prices for prints and for downloading jpeg files?

Sports Action Digital

Do you have any idea what the "industry standard" is in your area? What do other photographers in your town/city charge?

I shoot multiple youth sporting events and post edited pictures on my website. To this point I have charged a minimal markup for prints and have allowed people to download jpegs. But I want to be sensitive to professionals and not give away my shots. I also will be shooting a series of events with someone else who will be charging for his pictures. We have agreed to set the same pricing. We both use smugmug as our backbone.

So the question is how would people set prices for prints and for downloading jpeg files?

Sports Action Digital
Print pricing is a function of your CODB (Cost Of Doing Business).

Your CODB includes the cost of your camera equipment, post processing time, education, software cost, computer cost, wear and tear on your vehicle, cost of business insurance, and the list goes on.

If you're minimally marking up your cost for prints, it's virtually impossible to make a true profit.

Last edited:

Sports Action Digital

SAD Photography??? :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help it.

You need to charge according to how much it costs you to get there.

Sports Action Digital

SAD Photography??? :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help it.

You need to charge according to how much it costs you to get there.
Plus, your profit and retirement savings. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back