Pricing on emailing pics

compphenom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A few weeks ago a woman asked me to photograph her son's football team and focus on her son. I did so and was paid $100 for my time and for me to email her a few pics from the results. She chose 5 pics and I emailed them to her.

While I was there I photographed the rest of the team as well. Now, a bunch of the other mothers want pics from the same gallery. They are willing to pay, I am just not sure how much to charge. They did not pay for my time (like the first woman did) so I feel that I must charge a good chunk of change for each photo. Would $10 be too little? $50 be too much?

- Kevin

A few weeks ago a woman asked me to photograph her son's football team and focus on her son. I did so and was paid $100 for my time and for me to email her a few pics from the results. She chose 5 pics and I emailed them to her.

While I was there I photographed the rest of the team as well. Now, a bunch of the other mothers want pics from the same gallery. They are willing to pay, I am just not sure how much to charge. They did not pay for my time (like the first woman did) so I feel that I must charge a good chunk of change for each photo. Would $10 be too little? $50 be too much?

- Kevin

How many pictures are you talking about? I certainly wouldn't charge $10. When I do a portrait shoot, and the client wants a CD of the processed pictures, I charge them $200 for the CD. This seems like a sneaky way for the moms to get pictures of their kids for cheap. If you charge only $10, then you devalue your work and your time.

Marian

Well, the first mom emailed me wanting just two pictures. The second mom might want 30-40 of them on CD.

- Kevin

Most reactions

New Topics

Back