Pricing on the 85 f/1.2L II

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I see the Canon 85 f/1.2L II has an instant rebate ($130) until July 11th. B&H has it for $1,769 and Amazon has it for $1,707.

The 'regular' price at B&H is $1,899

Amazon is out of stock right now, but I'm considering placing the order anyway to get locked into the lower price. I haven't followed this lens's prices for awhile - does it regularly fall below $1,700?

I cannot answer your question, but I hope you do get it. I got a 5D mkII from my wife yesterday, and I snooped and saw an 85 1.2L in the closet for my birthday in 2 weeks. I cannot wait to pair the two together.

With the way the prices are going, they could be even higher before long. I would grab one.

I cannot answer your question, but I hope you do get it. I got a 5D mkII from my wife yesterday, and I snooped and saw an 85 1.2L in the closet for my birthday in 2 weeks. I cannot wait to pair the two together.
...Lucky bastard. ;)
I think that it is pretty amazing for Canon to drop its pricing like that. I would snatch it while you can.

I doubt that it's hurting them much... A hundred bucks off on a two thousand dollar lens isn't really that much... (that's like having free shipping)

Still, better than no discount. ;)

...Lucky bastard. ;)
;)

Thanks, ......and I am. Shes great and very supportive of the new business venture.

got it from Newegg for $1699. :)

With the way the prices are going, they could be even higher before long. I would grab one.

I think your wife need to talk to my wife !!!:lmao:

Fantastic! Happy for you man! They say its like no other lens! Canon 85 1.2 L......dreamy!

I shoot with someone that has the 5D mkII and a 85 1.2 and he uses it to perfection. I will warn you right now, that lens takes a LOT of practice to master. Also, you will find that you rarely use it at F/1.2, the DOF is very shallow and sharpness drops a LOT. At F/2 things start to get very interesting!

Congrats!

Thats what they say Jerry. Once you master it, its unbelievable. Mmmmmm....shallow DOF!

Now, Canon's 50mm F/1.2... that is a love hate relationship. Some love it, others hate it, but no one can call that a small lens... LOL

I met someone with a 5dmk(something) with a 50mm f/1.4 and thought Geesh......WAFL (errr.., that would be What A Functional Lens).

That's the thing.... you'll probably never or sparingly use f/1.2, but what you get from stopping down is probably amazing.

got it from Newegg for $1699. :)

wow i think you got it at a good price, good job
clear.gif

Unbelievable lens - I use it on my 1Ds Mk III, and together they weigh as much as a Korean car... but great images.

My wife gave me one for Hannukah...

Most reactions

Back