Pricing Prints

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yes, I searched, and found some info, but not a ton.

I'm getting ready to put my prints into a showing, and getting some leads on other locations where I can put them up for display as well. (I'm starting to think it may be easier to do this than I thought, we'll see...)

Anyway, all my prints are on 16x20 paper, all glass frame. The images themselves mostly run 12x18. I'm signing and serializing all of them. I wasn't totally sure what to price them, but I was thinking...

For the more "easy to get" shots, such as the picture of one of our local buildings... maybe $150. For the slightly harder shots such as the night time skylines, perhaps $200. For the shot taken from a Helicopter of the Zakim bridge (which people seem to go absolutely gaga over), maybe $275.

I want to price it high enough to make people feel like they are buying something of value, but not so high to make them absolutely pass on buying them.

Keep in mind I live in the Boston area, so costs up here on everything tend to be on the high side. Think just a step down from NYC. :)

Any opinions welcome, and thanks!

Tough question, Chris.

About the best advice I could offer is look around and see what others in your area are offering similar products for, but for the most part, I do not see your prices as being overboard.

In Montreal (a little ways away from where you are), its about 25% less, but demographics and currency differences can easily account for that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back