Pricing

All jobs are worth taking, there is always benefit from them, even if it's just building a client base and spin off work. I have learned to be less picky about what I shoot these days, even if it means putting $25 into my pocket. All my gear as of right now has been paid for many times over, when I do buy new gear, it means that the money I made during shoots goes to pay for that. I write the gear off at year end.

I know why shops charge what they do, but it has a lot to do with the benefit packages they have to pay out to the mechanics. Most of the mechanics I know own their own tools, the shop has nothing to do with any of that. Unless things have changed things, mechanics in Canada can't even write the tools off.

^^^^
THAT.

I worked in the music industry for 16 years. During that time, I had a salary which afforded me the luxury of turning down jobs that, monetarily, I felt were beneath me. I was one of those "I won't leave the house for less than "X" amount" guys.

Well, I'm a lot less picky these days. I shoot jobs for $1,000.00 now that, in another life, I would've been hard-pressed to shoot for $2,000.00. The whole "networking" thing is a much bigger consideration now than it used to be, too...

Most reactions

Back