Princess Aspirations (almost no pink ;) )

Scatterbrained

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shots of my girls in their Belle gowns at the Beasts' castle; a.k.a. the "Be Our Guest" restaurant at Disneys Magic Kingdom. The lighting is just the overhead spotlight that illuminates the mosaic. Seeing as to how we just got back I figured I'd start off with a few shots of the girls to send to the grandparents.

4.jpg

Natasha Portrait: Princess Aspirations by Timothy Tichy on 500px

4.jpg

Amelia Portrait: Princess Aspirations by Timothy Tichy on 500px

I think I understand why you asked them to look up (the light) but meanwhile, their faces are not well positioned for the most flattering image.

These are both gonna be favorites of the grandparents, I just know it. I totally get the posing and the lighting and head angles. Makes total sense to me.

My only worry is that the person who made the "stained glass window" used the same colour for the prince's tights as he did for his flesh... or maybe he was trying to depict the son of the Emperor who got conned over his new suit? Sorry - but that's the first thing that struck me as the image unfolded on my screen.

Maybe grandma and grandpa will be too busy looking at their cute granddaughters to notice that. ;)

Maybe a bit of post processing to darken those close to flesh tone colours would solve that illusion?

Nicely done; maybe just a tad slanted however? Definitely grandparent material.
Thanks. :) Yeah, I just had to put a grid over them in Lr to see. They are ever so slightly slanted. Dag nab it. . . and here I thought I was going to get away without having to cut or crop em.

I think I understand why you asked them to look up (the light) but meanwhile, their faces are not well positioned for the most flattering image.
Thank you. :) It's not meant to be a straight "look at the camera" portrait. I wanted them to be looking up at the prince with a sort of aspirational longing, if that makes sense. You're right though, this isn't a standard portrait pose, it's more something I see with wedding and some fashion shooters.

nice snap shot of your girls. Looks like a magical moment
Thank You! :)

These are both gonna be favorites of the grandparents, I just know it. I totally get the posing and the lighting and head angles. Makes total sense to me.
Thanks! Glad I'm not the only one who sees it. :icon_cool::trink39: Yeah, I sent some low res versions via text to our moms and they went over pretty well. Now I just have to finish everything else so I can get the prints done.

My only worry is that the person who made the "stained glass window" used the same colour for the prince's tights as he did for his flesh... or maybe he was trying to depict the son of the Emperor who got conned over his new suit? Sorry - but that's the first thing that struck me as the image unfolded on my screen.

Maybe grandma and grandpa will be too busy looking at their cute granddaughters to notice that. ;)

Maybe a bit of post processing to darken those close to flesh tone colours would solve that illusion?
D'oh!:cower:

THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME LOL! :D

Awwww. These are sweet; thanks for sharing.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME LOL! :D
I thought you'd get a kick out of that. ;)
I just got back home, was checking tpf on the phone and saw the title!

I really laughed out loud! My hb looked at me, confused: "What?"
I told him: "Oh... never mind, you wouldn't understand"

Thank you again!

Looking forward to more ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back