Print donation sign up sheet - all proceeds go to charity!

Karalee

hOtLiPs!
Reaction score
Website
www.shuttervisions.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you would like to donate prints to go to auction for helping out with Hurricane Katrina, please post your name here. I highly encourage everyone who can to sign up in this thread and ill add you to the list. Also, if you have suggestions for foundations/organisations you think part of the proceeds should go to please post here too. Also is it possible to make this a sticky?

Lovely people donating prints:

Karalee
Anua
Picksure
Luminosity
LizM
Terri

i think its a great idea, bella, so count me in - i can always send you a print , if needed -:)

anja

i would love to help. what a great idea. i wont be around much today or sunday(12hr night shift) but post details (size of print, addy etc.) or drop me a PM and i'm in.

More info please.

Who is organizing this? How is it going to work? etc...

I've donated prints to many charity auctions. I think it's rare that unmatted/unframed prints sell very well. Most that I've been involved with require the prints at least to be matted ready to frame.

I just got off the phone to Josh....he had left me this morning to "go somewhere, you'll see when I get back"... It turns out he went to pick up my Ilford film!

" You know how you were worried your film wouldnt turn out? They did turn out !"

These are the shots of New Orleans, taken two weeks before Katrina hit it...so if there are any that are good... I will put a couple of them up for auction.

Thanks for kickin this off, bella ! :heart:

Well I guess I would be organising this, being as Ive decided to take Tina's idea and run with it :lol: but any and all who wish to help, or throw in ideas would be really helpful.

What I thought would be the easiest, was if none of us had to touch any of the money personally, so you guys know its going to charity. If it was okay with Chase, we could sign up and get a ebay membership under thephotoforum’s name, and list the items that way.

After some digging last night I thought of this:

When we set the auctions up at ebay, we could use the donate a percentage to a charity option and just have 100% of the profit from the sale go to the foundation of our choice (i.e Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity etc.) I've seen a few auctions so far that have low bids, but the bid prices are $20+, so a few nice prints could make some good money to help out.

At the end of the auction, once the monies have been collected, I could PM you the address of the winning bidder and you could send your print to them, the money is automatically redirected to the charity by MissionFish.Org.

Have I forgotten anything?

Sounds good on the ebay thing! I've got a show coming up the end of this month so I'm sure I can order an extra 8x10 and mat it to 11x14. Even got some of those clear sealable bags that make them look so professional (and keep idiots from pulling the matts apart thinking its two photos stuck together!!!!).

Great, the more the merrier people :mrgreen: - How about we leave sign up open till Wednesday, if everyone who wants to participate can post in this thread before then we can get to posting these auctions by the end of this week.

Thanks everyone!

Expect PM's those of you who have signed up, and if theres anyone out there who has a real knack for putting together ebay auctions, please PM me :)

Also guys, when you nominate one ( or more ) of your photos for auction, specify which charity you would like the combined funds to go to. We will run a quick poll and determine which one ( or two ) we will send it to.

I think its safe to say Red Cross will be up there but lets not rule out other great charities that are helping out with the Katrina Fund.

I'm proud of ya all for taking this up ! :hugs:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back