Print exchange idea...

jadin

The Mad Hatter
Reaction score
Website
jadinhanson.smugmug.com
So what's the biggest problem with the print exchanges? They take a fairly long amount of time to get everyone's prints to together.

Which gave me an idea. I get all my prints made online for very close to cost. An 8x10 costs $2.35 and an 8x12 costs $2.70. Printing takes maybe a day and delivery is about the same.

My idea is to have everyone who wants to join the print exchange simply send me a full size file of their print. (as i'm typing this i'm realizing this wouldn't work as well for you film peeps) Then paypal the cost of printing and shipping. I would then print the copies of everyone's prints and mail them out as soon as they arrived. The whole exchange would take perhaps a week to complete, with everyone having their prints in hand.

A week compared to two or three months is quite the difference. The only problem I can see now is film users who would need to get a high quality scan of their photo.

Well anyway I thought it was a great idea as an alternative to the current way we do it. Let me know what you think.

That would work fine for me, but I'm sure a lot of people (not just film) would prefer to do their own prints. I have no access to a darkroom or custom printer at the moment, so I'd just be having mine done online, anyway.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back