Print On Demand- Advice Wanted

Ume Images

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a profile on Fine Art America, which offers print on demand (POD). So far is has been a very slow start since they feature artists by popularity etc., Being a newbie that puts me on the bottom of the list. I know there are more options out there. I want to know if anyone has any advice or suggestions to any other popular POD's that are worth the time and effort. Any info is greatly appreciated. THANKS!

UMe Images

Print on Demand, basically you uplaod your art or photography and they take care of the rest. They take the order, print and shipping and you get a percentage of the sale.

you need to promote yourself. I've had a FAA profile for like 2 years but have spent 0 time promoting it, just tagging the photo when I upload it. I think I've made 2 small sales through them

Print on Demand, basically you uplaod your art or photography and they take care of the rest. They take the order, print and shipping and you get a percentage of the sale.
Sounds like a brilliant recipe for making absolutely no money at all to me.

I know people that sell a lot of prints through FAA, but they also promote their work a TON. Think about it- FAA is one of the biggest sites that do this, and it's free to join. There are probably millions of people with work on there. Just uploading photos there and hoping people randomly find them is not going to work- despite what they claim when you join.

Sounds like a brilliant recipe for making absolutely no money at all to me.
Depends on whether you are the printer or shutter tripper.

The only people that go to print on demand websites are other people also wanting to sell their images.

I would think it'd definitely be the same way you'd get sales anywhere else - promote the work to family and friends yourself, get the ball rolling and then once you have some sales the algorithm on their site should put your work closer to the top. That being said I think most of those sites make the majority of their money off of open-source or low-royalty famous works of art that they do reproductions of such as this: http://fineartamerica.com/featured/3-the-kiss-gustav-klimt.html

As opposed to work of actual aspiring artists.

For a cat-in-hell's in the short-term your pictures will need to stand out from the crowd - a complete departure from the normal fare. Best of luck!

I have a profile on Fine Art America, which offers print on demand (POD). So far is has been a very slow start since they feature artists by popularity etc., Being a newbie that puts me on the bottom of the list. I know there are more options out there. I want to know if anyone has any advice or suggestions to any other popular POD's that are worth the time and effort. Any info is greatly appreciated. THANKS!

UMe Images

Most reactions

New Topics

Back