Print your shots!!

Felix0890

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently received some 4x6 prints that I ordered from the flickr printing service. I took advantage of the free 50 prints the service gave and printed out about 20 of my favorite ones from my flickr photostream.

I have to say that opening the envelope and seeing my shots on paper was the best feeling I've had in a while. It's one thing to enjoy your shots on a screen or on one of those electric frames, but seeing a physical copy of your image and having something to hold gives you a greater feeling. I'm glad to see that my crappy non-calibrated laptop monitor displays the colors properly (I had feared that it was off). There are some that I'm going to go ahead and print in a 8x10 format since they look great on paper.

I highly recommend that if you're new like me and have never printed any of your work on the photo paper, that you get some prints one way or another. You won't regret it.

I had quite the opposite experience. I had some printed and they came back blurry> I made sure they were sized correctly and everything. I was so disappointed.
Glad yours turned out great!
I have flikr and didn't even know they offered, that. I may check into it!

One of the best places to get your photos printed in MeridianPro.com. I got a few of my prints in 16x20 and they came out gorgeous. They are really cheap too!

One of the best places to get your photos printed in MeridianPro.com. I got a few of my prints in 16x20 and they came out gorgeous. They are really cheap too!

Actually, most places these days are dirt cheap. The only ones that are semi expensive are the ones that offer the really high quality paper.

Mpix.com I have ordered alot of prints from them, I love the paper they use, great customer service.
The other day I was wondering how a high quality print from Mpix would compare to a crappy Walgreens brand paper print would look, waiting on the Mpix picture, got the Walgreens picture. Its pretty obvious which one will be better.
I have feeling Flickrs quality isnt much better than walgreens.

Flickr uses snapfish and you def. get what you pay for. Im glad you love your prints but next time use a real company and you will be really impressed.

This is good to know. I've been using Snapfish for a while. I will definitely be using MPIX from now on personally and when I do any functions!
They're only a little bit more expensive, but the quality comparison is huge. Also, on the shipping, Snapfish charges more when you buy more. MPIX is a flat rate, not matter what you buy. In the long run MPIX is just better! :)

Flickr uses snapfish and you def. get what you pay for. Im glad you love your prints but next time use a real company and you will be really impressed.

Well but for 4x6 prints which I ordered for the sake of ordering some, the quality is not bad. If they were to be printed in a larger size for framing, which I'll be doing soon, I'd be pickier with the quality of the paper.

I took advantage of a Kodak Gallery offer for a book, 80 pages for the price of 20. I couldn't believe what I got. I too see my pics on digital frames and various computer monitors. Once in awhile a 4x6 or 5x7 off of my Officejet on photo paper (which does a nice job). But the book! I'll definitely be looking forward to the yearbook offer again at the end of this year. I must say, you really don't know the output of your camera until you print something.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back