Printer/Paper Question

mGeller

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently bought a pack of Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper[Matte 11.7x16.5]. I was planning on printing this though an Epson Stylus Photo 1270, and after I had bought the paper I couldn't find anything saying that the paper is compatible with the printer. I know that the printer can print larger than the size of the paper, so size isn't an issue.

I am afraid to test the paper only to find out that it does not print well with the printer and I am stuck with $40 of paper that is useless to me.

Any suggestions/experiences?

Looks like you have $40.00 worth of useless paper to you. Always a good idea to check the website of the manufacturer of the paper before you buy it. From Epson's site on the paper you bought.

Compatible Epson Printers for Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte, 11.7" x 16.5", 50 sheets - Epson America, Inc.

c.gif

Is it possible to return it where you bought it?

I should be able to return it. While I have a chance of getting this right for once, does anyone have any suggestions on what paper I should get? I found the list of what I would work with the printer, but I am not quite sure what to get?

I am a little new to home printing....

Buy semi-gloss or matte, both look nice, matte is probably nicer. Aim for 65-75 lb. paper (however, I use 76 and it's fabulous). Anything less than that will be too flimsy. Epson paper will likely work best with an Epson printer, but only because they can't guarantee the results when you use another brand. Be sure to read the package thoroughly before purchasing. If possible, see if there are smaller packages of the same paper, so you can try it without having to blow 40$ on another paper failure :)

An update for anyone who may have the same question in the future:

I went to my local camera shop and they said that the paper would work beautifully with the printer, and just to try it. I did a few prints and they turned out great.

Congrats on not wasting 40 bucks on useless paper :D. Just teasin, but I'm glad all worked out well, and epson paper is amazing (i prefer the luster paper) but the matte is very nice as well.

Glad you could use the paper you bought. I agree with gryphonslair... I am a big fan of ilford my self. I am not a fan of glossy paper at all and very picky when it comes to matte finishes. Ilford's pearl finish is top shelf.

An update for anyone who may have the same question in the future:

I went to my local camera shop and they said that the paper would work beautifully with the printer, and just to try it. I did a few prints and they turned out great.

Glad it worked out. Let the prints dry at least 24 to 48 hours before you do anything with them. One of the compatibility problems with some inks and paper isn't that the ink won't go on, but it does not adhere to the paper well and dry well.

LokiZ - The finish on this paper is seemingly entirely matte. I have not been able to get any sort of reflection out of it whatsoever. I have actually received the question "Are you just printing on card stock?" from the uninformed far too many times for my liking, but I love the paper.

Most reactions

Back