Printer upgrade

fmw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.foodieforums.com
I've been using an HP Photosmart printer for some time with pretty good results. I've been investigating an upgrade and the hot item seems to be the Epson 2400. I'm taken aback a little by the cost of operating the 2400 but I'm willing to put up with it if I will get truly superior results. I'm wondering if any Epson 2400 users have done such an upgrade and how they feel about the print quality and cost of operation.

I can't really give you a good cost estimate for prints as I only print for myself. But I love my 2400. The print quality is very very good. I just made some prints of pics on 11x17 paper and 300 dpi and they are very good. The only issue I have had is using Kodak paper in it. The ink just does not seem to work well with it. With the Epson paper very very good results. I went to the Kodak sight looking for profiles and they only give basic printer settings for their paper on it. And it just doesn't work out.

I paid $850 at Compusa for mine and even though can get it cheaper some places, I am very happy with it.

I will answer any more questions you have if I can. But I say go for it. My only other choice would be to move up to the 4800!

I have an Epson 2200. I get really good photos from it. I can only imagine the 2400 would be better. Likewise, the paper. Make sure you use Epson Premium papers. Their regular glossy won't give as good results. At least they don't on the 2200.

Here are some papers you might want to look at:
http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl?c=362672&sc=13&category=155

I also like Legion Photo Matte, but it does have some whiteners in it.

I'm using quadtones, so I don't know if there are profiles for these papers and the Epson inks out there. I'm guessing there would be. You might also want to look into a RIP.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the input. The 2400 sure does get fantastic reviews.

Most reactions

Back