Printer White House Custom Colour

JimMcClain

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
1footinthegrave.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I couldn't find any newer discussions of this company than 2007. I just got the 5 free 8x10 prints back that they do for new accounts. I'm wondering if others that have tried them are as disappointed as I am. I found every one of the images is darker (by about a stop) and far less sharp than what the images look like on my monitor. And I have a very good monitor (ASUS PA249Q 24" LED back-lit IPS) that is just 2 months old.

Last week I sold 3 pictures of a church and ordered the prints from Nations Photo Lab. I had them delivered to me so I could check the quality before forwarding them to the people who bought them. I was very pleased. The printed photos were all identical and they look remarkably similar to the picture on my monitor. The only difference was the prints had a "lustre" finish that my monitor doesn't. But the print finish is very similar to the finish used on the WHCC prints.

Recently a member posted a link to a comparison of various print service companies. I'm hoping that person will share that link again.

Jim

Does WHCC offer a download of the ICC profiles? I know BayPhoto does, that you can use to check how the color and everything will look

No, although they do discuss it and offer recommendations for calibration. But that doesn't resolve the loss of sharpness I experienced.

Jim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back