Printing a picture with a projector?

Amsterdamska

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I registered on this forum because I was hoping you could help/advise me on something I'm struggling with for a while and not being able to find an anwser.

What I would like to do is to print a picture on an item (for example on a wall or on a chair) with a projector or something equal: So I would like to zoom in on a chair and then by clicking on a button the picture would be pasted on the item.

I don't know if something like that IS possible or exists ?

Thank you in advance for all your help!;)

the only thing I can think that would work like that would be some heat or laser based system and I don't think you would get any colours with that - plus the price would be way out of most peoples reach - heck it might even have to be custom built.
I know some fabrics can be made/treated so that you can use a light projector to put an image onto them but from what I recall they don't last very long (the image washes off quite easily).

The only way I could think of would be a classic darkroom style print. Im sure there are other options as well.

If you could make your own emulsion(which they talk about here alot Silver Gelatin Based Emulsion Making & Coating - APUG ) and then coat the item in question in total darkness. You could then print the image on there. But you would then need to Develop that item just as you would any other darkroom print. And if the image was not a flat surface, im not sure how the focusing of the image would work.

Ive read of people doing wall sized prints where they affixed the paper to a wall and projected an image on it as your talking about. Then used spray bottles with developer, stop, and fixer to develop the print right on the wall. You would need to do this in a room with a floor drain or something, perhaps a garage.

Most reactions

Back