printing/distribution/framing

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by tekzero, Jan 17, 2005.

1. tekzero

tekzero TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    can anyone reccomend a place, that might deal with bulk buying of either prints/frames for personal use and/or sale?

i want to be able to print out pictures at random sizes, especially bigger than 8x10, etc, and also a place that maybe sells simple frames at a low cost.. any help is appreciated

2. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Custom frames and low cost do not go together unless you are cutting them yourself, however, a reasonable place is www.americanframe.com

I buy custom frames and mats from them all the time.

3. tekzero

tekzero TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i am wondering if i am better off at making each pic a consistent size unless a totally different crop is needed

4. Sheree

Sheree TPF Noob!

Hello tekzero,

Take a peek at Graphik Dimensions, Ltd (www.pictureframes.com).

I recv'd their catalog a few days ago, and although I have never ordered from them, I did quickly flip through the brochure. I liked what I saw—enough not to trash it.

It seems they sell Ready-Made frames in a zillion styles, colors and materials...plus they make Custom sizes. Also they cut matting and offer plexi.

You can even send them your photo, print or poster and they'll send it back framed.

The catalog cover states: Quality Frames, Wholesale Prices....Professional Resource Edition.

Hope that helps,
    Sheree

5. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Photos NOT OK to edit
    tek, I don't crop mine. I always leave them in the original aspect ratio from the camera, unless I'm doing portraiture, in which case I shoot lose so I can crop to 8x10. I order frames from American Frame all the time. I get a thin black metal frame and 3" mat for 8x12 photos. They look really spectacular.