Printing out this landscape ... to matte or not?

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, I'm getting ready to print this photo ... initially I was thinking about a white matte (2 inches wide, on mpix) surrounding the image but am leaning more toward no matte and just a black border frame to emphasize the immensity of the waterfall. Thoughts?

Thanks!

waterfall_MG_0331-1 by Jeffrey Lee, on Flickr

Tried Both in photoshop and preferred the white matte.

I like all mine matted in a neutral gray, light for a dark photo, light for a dark one. Don't know why, just do.

Nice shot of Crabtree Falls BTW, I've shot that one a few hundred times over the past 40 years or so.

What color is the wall you’re hanging it on? Have you considered one of the frameless metal or glass prints?

What color is the wall you’re hanging it on? Have you considered one of the frameless metal or glass prints?

It'll be an off-white color. I actually hadn't considered the frameless prints - I'm looking on their website now and there's the canvas, float frame, and metal prints. I haven't used any of these before. The float frame actually looks interesting. Do you think any of them would work well with this particular print?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back