Printing

mcopan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.triumphentertainment.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was reading a copy of Popular Photography recently. I was reading a ad that was for a website that offered printing with same day shipping. They claimed they could print the photo on a canvas as if it was a painting with the photo wrapped around the outside of the wood frame.

The name was something like mzeg.com or something. Is there any guesses to what this was. Is there any other places that can do this? Is there discount places online that I could upload photos to and get a great low price on them?

Thanks for the help.

Mpix.com - Home
Lot of places do it though. Nations Photo Lab, Shutterfly. Not sure about delivery to Canada though. If no one responds, I'll try and ask a friend at work on Monday, who is in our Canada office. Maybe Mpix delivers there, not sure.

I was reading a copy of Popular Photography recently. I was reading a ad that was for a website that offered printing with same day shipping. They claimed they could print the photo on a canvas as if it was a painting with the photo wrapped around the outside of the wood frame.

The name was something like mzeg.com or something. Is there any guesses to what this was. Is there any other places that can do this? Is there discount places online that I could upload photos to and get a great low price on them?

Thanks for the help.
I agree it was likely www.mpix.com and they only guarantee same day shipping if you order by a certain time of day.

Mpix is one of the best consumer print labs in the country.

As far as discount, low price printing. You get what you pay for, but if price is more important to you than well made, long lasting prints, go for the cheap stuff.

I know a place you can get 20x30 posters printed for $2.00 each. They last about a week and then start to fade, but they're cheap, cheap, cheap.

Thanks for the tips. I remember getting prints done at the local costco and the bill added up quickly. That was a long time ago when I would print everything I shot.

I found the Popular Photography magazine in my glove box in my car. The ad I originally saw was mpix.com. I am really interested in the picture wrap around a wood frame like a canvas.

** I am still a noob to the photography thing. I would like to find some one in Canada that could provide good prices, quality and service. **

THANKS FOR THE HELP EVERYONE!

People may bash me for this, but London Drugs makes really nice prints in my experience. They can be a bit pricy once you go big or print a lot, but they are fast, print in-house (depending on the store) and if you aren't happy, they will re-print free of cost (again, maybe that's just my experience).

If I was shooting a wedding or something I was selling though, I'd probably go somewhere else.

as i read this thread to see if anyone has commented on it I see there is a Canadian company in Ontario call Kwikpix.ca.

Has anyone dealt with them? There services seem limited in comparison to Mpix.com

London Drugs is extremely expensive. I went in to check out the prices and they want $5.99 for one eight by ten print. I remembered that I had a Costco card and have taken photos to them before with success and savings. I went in and they are charging $1.44 for eight by tens and or eight by twelves.

Costco covers almost everything about printing except the really cool photo print wrapped on canvas frame.

So Costco seems to be the place to go since none of the pictures from the faded and the prints are crisp.

Most reactions

Back