Printing

Unless your monitor is 20x30, when you view it on your monitor, assuming it's scaled to 100%, it is ging to look huge, because it is huge.

"Print out fine", is very subjective. Since your relying on an algorithm within your editing software to fill in pixels for you it will never be as good as if you had a larger MP file. That being said if it's not too pixelated for YOU, then yea it should print fine. Some people with a critical eye for detials would probably see the flaws and know that the image had been scaled larger than it should have been.

One good thing about large prints though is that people tend to stand farther away from them and therefore not notice the details.

rallyxe said:
I did this the other day and it came out all pixelized (if thats even a word) but it didnt really look good at all. I was very disapointed and thought maybe it was something i did wrong.

What level of quality is acceptable varies from person to person. Just because one photog is happy with a print, doesn't mean the next one will be. I've been having various labs print 12"x18" photos from my 20D, and while I'm quite pleased, for me that's pretty close to the limit of what I'll accept. I know that many other photogs print their 8mp DSLR images much larger than that, and are very happy with the results. Maybe you are picky?

I don't think simple upsizing will help you. You'll need specialized software designed to upsize for printing large photographs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back