Printing

vonDrehle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have just recently started trying to print some of my pictures. I have done everything I could do print some 8x10's of some and no matter where I do them the machines always crop the pictures. Is there anything I can do so the machines will print out my actual picture? All my pictures were taken with a Canon 5D.

Thanks,
Chris

Are you cropping the photos to a 8x10 ratio in photoshop? I know i had a similar problem when I first started trying to print, I had problem with machines cropping my photo. Most cameras take photos at 8x12 and not 8x10. If you already knew this and are taking appropriate actions, then i guess omeone else will have to help ya out.

Use the crop tool and resize the image to the required size. As noted above the ratio of a standard dSLR is 3:2. So prints at 6x4, 9x6, 12x8, 15x10, 18x12 etc are all fine if they come straight from the camera. An 8x10 is a 4:5 ratio so you need to crop somewhere in order for that image to fit correctly.

Look at the print previews......

In Photoshop, select the crop tool and enter 10 x 8 in the boxes at the top of the screen (depending on the size of the image, I normally leave the resolution blank but that's another story)

Now drag the crop tool over your image. the crop will always be in a 4:5 ratio so you can then decide how much or how little of your image you want in that 10x8 print.

Once happy double click or press enter and you'll have an 8x10 ready to print.

Alright thanks. I will try that out today when I get home.

Most reactions

Back