Printing

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by atseeyob, Sep 4, 2007.

1. atseeyob

atseeyob TPF Noob!

I have my pictures ready to be developed. As a beginer, I need to see the pictures in paper. Therefore, my need to develop the pictures are high. Do you think it is worth to buy a printer? If that is the case, what printer is best to develop the pictures? I am not sure if that matters, but my new camera is Canon EOS 30D. Thanks in advance for the input.

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I know what you mean, but it's a bit confusing when say 'developing'...because developing usually involves film and chemicals. What you want to do is print.

I think that having a printer is convenient...especially if you are not a perfectionist....because getting a printer to be 'just right' can involve a lot of calibration. But if you just want to print your photos, then it's pretty easy.

Printers are fairly affordable, even high quality photo printers can be had for a few hundred dollars. However, the paper isn't cheap and the ink isn't cheap either. Once you figure in those costs...it's about the same price to have your photos printed at a lab.

Some Wal-marts are good...they are certainly cheap. Costco is also cheap but usually better. A lot of people use Mpix.com to order prints.

3. LeftyRodriguez

LeftyRodriguez TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've had fairly decent results with the Kodak machines at Wal-Mart (and I'm assuming elsewhere) that print your photos while you wait. The Fuji machines' results always look bad, but that might be just my experience.

4. Sweetsomedays

Sweetsomedays TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have a printer I use all the time for quick prints, photo albums and scrapbooking. It's wonderful cuz I don't have to haul the kids around with me just to get some photos. I just choose my images, hit print and can come back whenever I want and they are done. But I have anything I want to frame printed somewhere else.
    I have an epson r 300.